Monday, August 31, 2015

Favorite DIY Green Tea Honey Mask

I know that DIY masks are all over the internet but just wanted to share my favorite DIY green tea honey mask.

I'm sure people are aware that green tea and honey separately have beauty benefits for your skin. Honey has naturally occurring anti-septic and healing properties and green tea has anti inflammatory properties that help reduce redness and inflammation. So the combination is a great natural alternative to helping soothe irritated skin.

Products needed:
1. Dish - personally I like using smaller dishes as it helps me to not waste product
2. Honey - I like using squeeze tubs as it's easier to manage
3. Green Tea powder - I use this one from O'Sulloc Original Green Tea Powder as it's much less effort than using green tea leaves or tea bags. I find the powder composition makes it a breeze to work with and the texture is quite lovely. I bought mine in Korea for like 5 or 6 dollars but I think it's more expensive online :( I know that it's a little harder to get a hold of in the states so any matcha powder should work.
4. Essence or water - I used Hera Cell Essence to give it a bit of extra moisture and oophm not to mention I like it since it's easier to get a few drops out whereas water I find it harder to get a few drops of.



Step 1. Pour some green tea into your dish. How much you put in depends on how thick you want it:

Step 2. Put some honey in it!


Step 3. Put a few drops of water or essence. Don't put more than a few drops because otherwise the mixture will become too runny and run down your face.


Step 4. Mix it together.

Step 5. Put it on your face. I always feel like Shrek.

Step 6. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.

Step 7. Rinse off and continue with your normal moisturizer/creams. I personally love following up with my Laneige Sleeping Mask.

Obviously, you can substitute out accordingly and you will need to figure out which mixture ratio works best for you. I ended up adding more honey. This mask is very good for acne and soothing and healing irritated, broken skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment